Laboratories of the Future
Laboratories of the Future is an initiative of the Ministry of Education and Science and the GovTech Center at the Chancellery of the Prime Minister aimed at supporting elementary schools in purchasing equipment for laboratories of STEAM subjects (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics). Under this initiative schools will receive teaching aids, for which the government has allocated over one billion PLN.
How much money can a school receive?
- School up to 100 students will get maximum 30 000 PLN
- School with 101 to 200 students will get maximum 60 000 PLN
- School with 201 to 234 students will get maximum 70 000 PLN
- School with at least 235 students will get a maximum 300 PLN for each student
Among the tools available to schools, there are 175 items ranging from tools to educational robots from which school principals will be able to choose the equipment that will go into their schools. The catalog is divided into items of basic equipment (which schools will have to either purchase as part of the support they receive or provide in advance in other ways) and additional equipment (which can be freely selected by the school community). Currently, the core equipment includes:
- 3D printers with accessories (including applications, slicers, etc.)
- Microcontrollers with sensors, amplifiers, prototype boards and other accessories
- Recording equipment for learning to present your achievements (cameras, microphones, lighting, etc.)
- Soldering stations (for microcontrollers)
Applications can be submitted until November 15, 2021.